3D Rendering Programmers (Video Games)
- Excellent opportunity for Video Gaming enthusiasts to work with an organization generating exhilarating and unforgettable gameplay experiences
Our client is a leading game development firm in Asia Pacific and is part of a global video game company. The Singapore branch has been here for more than a decade with a multicultural team of over 30 different nationalities.
You will connect with our players on games' visuals and their performance. Your exceptional maths skills, your sharp eye for visual detail and your knowledge You will write a game’s most fundamental code and deliver a stunning visual experience.
You will be a dependable member of a larger production team, with colleagues who depend on you for getting something that is clear and good looking up on screen. You will also work with technical artists, transforming their requirements into efficient, working code.
Your responsibilities include:
- Programming code customized to the hardware you are working on.
- Exploring new hardware and dealing with the interesting new challenges that come with it.
- Meeting up with artists to assess their needs and vision.
- Reviewing code to improve its performance, in search of that vital extra millisecond.
- Reading the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field.
- Attending 3D tech talks delivered by your peers, on other projects or brands, – or giving one yourself.
- You possess a Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / equivalent.
- You also have at least 3 years' experience in general programming, ideally in the video-game industry, of which at least 2 years in graphics programming (having shipped a video game is an asset).
- You have experience in HLSL, DirectX and you are proficient in C++ (understanding of C# is an asset).
- You are also experienced in developing on video-game consoles and you have conducted performance optimization for consoles
- You are a Philomath (a.k.a. a lover of maths – algebra, geometry, calculus, the whole set)
- You are creative and always thirsty for innovation.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and you can efficiently communicate with all disciplines to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals and performance.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd