30X Medical Technologists (PCR Skills Required) - 1 Year Contract
We're currently looking for lab professionals, to join us on a 1-year contract service, to support an interim project.
Our Medical Technologists perform a wide variety of routine and complex clinical testing procedures to obtain data for use in clinical/anatomic trials research.
- Perform routine and complex analysis of patient specimens according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). Evaluate specimen acceptability upon receipt and during the review of analysis results. Evaluate validity of specimen results against the algorithms displayed by the lab computer system. Document all corrective actions taken. Perform secondary review of patient results when required to ensure accuracy of primary result entry.
- Provide oversight and guidance to Medical/Histo Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants.
- Maintain quality control of all laboratory testing to ensure accurate and timely lab reporting.
- Perform pending workload review periodically during the day; find pending assays and resolve outstanding work prior to the completion of testing for the day.
- Assist in the development and writing of new Medical/Histo laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Follow safety procedures as per laboratory SOPs.
- Notify appropriate staff of supply shortages.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending in-services and off-site lectures and meetings.
You are / likely to have:
- Demonstrated work experience in medical laboratory environment, with good PCR skills/knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, with a strong analytical mind
- Passion to delivering high quality of work with a patient-centric mentality
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changes at the workplace
- Excelled working in a team/workplace that is multi-cultural & diverse
- Willing to work weekends / public holidays, on a rotating shift