2x Manufacturing Engineer, Laser & Optical (PHD/ Up to $8000)
- Company: semiconductor and component manufacturing
Up to $8000
5 days week work
This laser and optical engineering position is in Manufacturing Engineering. The successful candidate will develop and improve manufacturing processes for the production of complex optical and laser systems within a fast paced manufacturing environment. The candidate will also apply engineering principles and troubleshooting skills to provide day-to-day technical support to active production lines.
This is a sustaining engineering position for current and newly introduced lasers and sub-systems (beam-conditioning optics, modulators, polarizers, etc) . Timely resolving assembly and test issues faced during production is important in this position. The work encompasses failure analysis related to defective materials, unstable or errant processes/equipment, and ranges from new components/sub-assemblies to field return units.
Specific Requirements for this Position:
• Good knowledge of solid-state and fiber-based lasers.
• In-depth knowledge of precision optics including lenses, polarization optics, modulators and optical harmonic generation.
• Hands on experience with assembly and test of optical, electro-optical, electro-mechanical & laser systems.
• Experience in beam characterization using commercially available equipment, e.g. Spiricon M2 instrument & Ophir beam profiler.
• Experience in using multi-meter, function generator and oscilloscope.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Hands on experience using 3D CAD software for simple jig/fixture design will be an added advantage.
• Good working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Words is essential.
• Experience in programming (e.g. VBA, C#, data analytics, database, etc) will be an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems will be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of manufacturing best practices (e.g. ISO 9001, Kanban, LEAN, 8D, Design-for-Manufacturability, etc)
• Familiarity with SPC methodology for process management will be an advantage.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to multi-task in support of multiple product lines simultaneously.
• A good team player yet able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Education and Related Experience:
PhD in laser, optic or electro-optical engineering.
Candidates with a degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering and with experience in the manufacturing of laser systems is highly desirable.
Please email your resume in a detailed MS Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] stating:
1. Current Drawn:
2. Expecting Salary:
3. Date Available:
4. Reason To Leave Each Job:
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Yeo Wei Ling Vanessa
People Profilers Pte Ltd
10 Anson Road #09-01/02 International Plaza Singapore 079903
EA License Number: 02C4944
EA Personnel Reg Number: R1876549
People Profilers Pte Ltd