Closing Date: 9th September 201216/08/2012
To provide the following functions in Singapore and or other countries where the company and its subsidiaries are located or where projects are pursued and to be delivered:
- Reviewing contracts, tenders, vendor agreements (for hardware, software and services) and related documents in compliance with the contract policy, proposing amendments and highlighting and advising on and proposing solutions in relation to contractual issues, legal and commercial risks to the business proposal teams.
- Negotiating with counterparties as required by the business proposal teams.
- Preparing applications for exceptions approval in accordance with the contract policy.
- Rendering legal advice in support of corporate functions.
- Supporting periodic audit exercise.
- Other duties – reviewing policies and processes of legal function, collating and analysing data, preparing reports and policy papers for the general improvement of the legal function and processes.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in law from Singapore, UK, USA or Australia.
- Called to the Bar in a major jurisdiction.
- At least 7 years PQE with several years in private practice in a good law firm. Experience could be in corporate work, litigation or a mix of both. In-house experience in an IT environment will be an advantage
- Possess strong linguistic ability and good people management skills.
- Strong work ethic, able to work in focused manner and within tight timelines.
- Willing to undertake occasional travel.