Closing Date: 13th September 201216/08/2012
Contract / QS Manager
Location: Marine Parade Road
Working Hours: Monday to Friday : 8:15 AM to 5:15 PM
The responsibilities of the Contract / QS Department commence with the initial design deliverables at design development stage and expand through the various phases to the hand over and close out stage. The following:
- Design Development Phase:
- Prepare Detailed Design Cost Plan
- Prepare Tender Budgets
- Formulate form of Contract
- Prepare Procurement schedule meeting Project Master Schedule and Contract Procedures
- Prepare detailed procurement schedule meeting Project Master Schedule
- Prepare Tender Documentation
- Issue Tender Packages
- Issue Addenda & Request For Information
- Assist in Analysis of Commercial Section of Tenders (including adequacy of financial status and solvency of bidders)
- Prepare Letter of Recommendation
- Prepare Letter of Acceptance (Intent)
- Inform All Managers and Key Personnel of Appointment of Contractors and organize a Kick-off meeting within 1 week of LOA involving All Managers and Key Personnel
- Prepare Contract Documents
- Prepare Material Purchase Orders
- Prepare Cashflow Forecast basing on Project Master Schedule
- Prepare weekly/monthly report in relation to contract/QS (Procurement) activities
- Construction Phase:
- Administer Contract Documents (including Performance Bond, Payment Bonds, Standby
- Letter of Credit, Insurances, Power of Attorney, Commercial Registration
Certificate, Company Registration Certificate, Certified Tax Records,
Certified Financial Report, Parent Company Guaranty, Building Permit, various contracts etc. )
- Receive, estimate, negotiate and issue changes (variances)
- Receive and analyze Claims
- Adjudicate Contract Issues
- Manage Back Charges and Fines (including liaison with Construction Manager, M&E manager and Safety Manager etc.)
- Lead responsibility for updating the Project Budget
- Prepare Budgets for outstanding and additional works
Primary Control Mechanisms:
- Monitor Completion by Phases
- Administer Contract Documents in Closing Phase such as Taking Over Certificate, Completion Certificate, Bonds, Warranty etc.)
- Project Sign-off
- Final Account
- Control Cost Estimate
- Cost Report
- Monitor Project Master Schedule
- Chair Change Order (Variation) Meetings.
Graduated from reputable in Civil / Architectural Engineering from reputable university.
- 10 or more years work experience in construction industry is preferably.
- Good communication skill in English (oral and writing).
- Computer literate.
- Willing to work hard and highly motivated.
- Malaysian or Singaporean applicants are preferably.